1. Wash the mounting bracket and boat transom with water and detergent to remove all grease and dirt.
Place 4 or 5 peices of Blu-Tack as shown.
2. With the boat raised off the ground, Blu-Tack the wheel to transom.
Press the mounting bracket onto the transom in the desired position.
Check with a ruler that the wheel has 10mm (3/8 inch) clearance to the bottom of the boat hull.
3. Check the wheel will lock properly when retracted.
4. Drill only one of the top holes through the transom with a 6 mm or 1/4 inch drill bit. Place a bolt through the hole and lightly tighten the nut. Use M6 or 1/4 inch 316 stainless steel bolts and nuts. Fit large washers on the inside of the transom.
Bolts, nuts and washers are not supplied .
The length of bolts required depends on the thickness of the boats transom.
The correct bolt length for the fixed mount wheels is:
Bolt Length = Transom thickness + Washer thickness + Nut length+ 5mm
5. Check the assembly has not moved then drill and bolt the opposite corner.
6. Continue to drill and bolt the rest of the holes.
7. Remove from the transom and apply sealant to the mounting bracket and bolts.
Use high quality plumbers putty or neutral cure marine sealant.
8. Refit the mounting bracket and tighten the bolts evenly.
Use large stainless steel washers under the bolt heads on the inside of the transom.
Use Nyloc locking nuts on the bolts to secure the mounting bracket on the outside of the transom.
9. Clean off excess sealant to finish.